A beautiful ruby colour with purple tints. The fruity nose is marked by notes of morello cherries and blackcurrant. In the mouth the attack is delicate and full of finesse with a round body ending on an acidulous note.
- Gold Challenge International du Vin 2019
- Commended Decanter World Wine Awards 2018
Garnet red colour with purplish hints. The nose is complex with notes of black cherry, jammy strawberry and elderberry flower. The palate is fresh and round with a finish of fresh walnuts.
- 1 STAR Guide Hachette des Vins 2024
- DOUBLE GOLD Sakura Japan Women’s Wine Awards 2022
- SILVER 90pts Decanter World Wine Awards 2022
- 88-89 pts James Suckling
- 88-90 pts Yohan Castaing (Anthocyanes)
- 88-90 pts Jeb Dunnuck
- 89-90 pts Jonathan Choukroune Chicheportiche (VertdeVin)
A beautiful round wine of finesse ending on an acidulous note.
Vines of Château CILORN are planted on a sandy silty plateau located on the hills on the eastern side of the Estate.
All of our plots are cultivated with the respect for environment and full expression of the terroir: low level of treatment, frequent tillage, systematic leaf-thinning, green harvesting, sorting table.
Majority of MERLOT
The grapes are mechanically harvested and a sorting table is used for optimal quality. The vinification, traditional, is carried out in vats with thermoregulation to optimize fermentation and maceration. After crushing, the wine ages in tank during 12 months.
Bottled after 12 months’ ageing in stainless steel vats.
CHATEAU CILORN is available in 75 cl Bordeaux bottles.