A very beautiful intense dark colour. The slightly woody nose has aromas of very ripe fruits (blackcurrant, blackberry, prune). The mouth opens with an explosion of flavours (candied fruits, vanilla, subtle aromas of brioche) and a finish of great length, worthy of the greatest Bordeaux vintages!
It is all finesse and elegance.
- Gold – 87/100 Gilbert et Gaillard 2017
- Silver – 90pts Decanter World Wine Awards 2017
- Bronze Concours des Grands Vins de France, Mâcon 2017
- 14,5/20 Dégustation Primeurs, Jacques Dupont « Le Point »
- 90pts James Suckling
- Prix d’Honneur Dussert Gerber 2018
This 2016 vintage gives us a very intense purple colour. The slightly woody nose has aromas of black fruits with an almost stewed note. Some subtle scents of vanilla and toast. It is full and silky on the palate. The black fruits still present are felt on a morello cherry background. It is all finesse and elegance.
- Gold Concours des Grands vins de France Mâcon 2018
- Gold-86/100 Gilbert & Gaillard 2018
- Coup de coeur-16/20 Le Point, Jacques Dupont
- Guide du Dessert-Gerber 2019
- Commended Decanter World Wine Awards 2018
- 89/100 Yves Beck
- 89pts Jeb Dunnuck
- 91pts James Suckling
- Le Monde Bordeaux 15 euros maximum (Le Monde des Vins, April 2019)
The deep garnet-purple colored 2018 Flaunys has quite a spicy nose with a core of black cherries and mulberries. The palate is full, rich and spicy with soft tannins and a fragrant finish.
Awards / Press
- 14,5/20 Le Point, Jacques Dupont
- 90-92pts Yves Beck
- 88-90+pts Yohan Castaing
- 88-90pts Robert Parker, Wine Advocate
- Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2020
This wine is particularly fine and elegant with a discreet woody nose. Very pleasant!
Our plots are located in the South West of the AOC, just near Lalande-Pomerol.
The vine working is rationally carried out, with accurate observation of the weather forecasts and health conditions to reduce treatments. Mechanical work of the soil, frequent tillage, systematic leaf-thinning, green harvesting, sorting table.
Majority of MERLOT
Wine making process is made without the use of SO2, under temperature control in vats for optimal fermentation and maceration during 1 month, plot by plot. After running off and pressing, grapes selected for CHATEAU FLAUNYS age part in French oak barrels of 400 litres, and part in vats. All ours barrels are renewed each year. Final blending is made after 12 months’ ageing.
Bottled after 18 month’s ageing in barrels , CHATEAU FLAUNYS is available in 75cl Bordeaux Bottles