This 2016 vintage gives us a very intense purple colour. The slightly woody nose has aromas of black fruits with an almost stewed note. Some subtle scents of vanilla and toast. It is full and silky on the palate. The black fruits still present are felt on a morello cherry background. It is all finesse and elegance.
- Gold Concours des Grands vins de France Mâcon 2018
- Gold-86/100 Gilbert & Gaillard 2018
- Coup de coeur-16/20 Le Point, Jacques Dupont
- Guide du Dessert-Gerber 2019
- Commended Decanter World Wine Awards 2018
- 89/100 Yves Beck
- 89pts Jeb Dunnuck
- 91pts James Suckling
- Le Monde Bordeaux 15 euros maximum (Le Monde des Vins, April 2019)
The deep garnet-purple colored 2018 Flaunys has quite a spicy nose with a core of black cherries and mulberries. The palate is full, rich and spicy with soft tannins and a fragrant finish.
Awards / Press
- 14,5/20 Le Point, Jacques Dupont
- 90-92pts Yves Beck
- 90pts Jeb Dunnuck
- 88-90+pts Yohan Castaing (Anthocyanes)
- 88-90pts Robert Parker, Wine Advocate
- 87-89pts Antonio Galloni (Vinous)
- 15+/20 VertdeVin
- Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2020
A red iron oxide colour (Falun red) with apricot-pink hints. Fruity aromas of raspberry and candied plums on a toasty background. Voluptuous on the palate with fine notes of blackberry followed by a minty fresh finish.
Awards / Press
- 89pts Yves Beck
- 86-88pts Jeb Dunnuck
- 87-88pts James Suckling
- 14,75+/20 VertdeVin magazine
- 14/20 Le Point
This wine is particularly fine and elegant with a discreet woody nose. Very pleasant!
Our plots are located in the South West of the AOC, just near Lalande-Pomerol.
The vine working is rationally carried out, with accurate observation of the weather forecasts and health conditions to reduce treatments. Mechanical work of the soil, frequent tillage, systematic leaf-thinning, green harvesting, sorting table.
Majority of MERLOT
Wine making process is made without the use of SO2, under temperature control in vats for optimal fermentation and maceration during 1 month, plot by plot. After running off and pressing, grapes selected for CHATEAU FLAUNYS age part in French oak barrels of 400 litres, and part in vats. All ours barrels are renewed each year. Final blending is made after 12 months’ ageing.
Bottled after 18 month’s ageing in barrels , CHATEAU FLAUNYS is available in 75cl Bordeaux Bottles